Google's corporate headquarters, fondly nicknamed the Googleplex, is located in Mountain View, California. Today its one of many offices Google have around the globe. While Google offices are not identical, they tend to share some essential elements. Here are a few things you might see in a Google workspace:
- Local expressions of each location, from a mural in Buenos Aires to ski gondolas in Zurich, showcasing each offices region and personality.
- Bicycles or scooters for efficient travel between meetings; dogs; lava lamps; massage chairs; large inflatable balls.
- Googlers sharing cubes, yurts and huddle rooms and very few solo offices.
- Laptops everywhere- standard issue for mobile coding, email on the go and note-taking.
- Football, pool tables, volleyball courts, assorted video games, pianos, ping pong tables, and gyms that offer yoga and dance classes.
- Grassroots employee groups for all interests, like meditation, film, wine tasting and salsa dancing.
- Healthy lunches and dinners for all staff at a variety of cafes.
- Break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks to keep Googlers going.